Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2

Today's run was a little rocky.

Something seems to be bothering little Zoey. Her mood was a little edgy, & she was very nervous the whole time we were out. Maybe it was the neighbor's dog going nuts at the window as we left the house that riled her up? Or maybe her allergies are bothering her? Or maybe Mercury is in retrograde? It could be anything, & we'll never find out what it is. We often call her Dog Of Mystery.

I kept the outing short & sweet when I saw how uncomfortable she was. I could tell by her very slow walking, her refusal to go with me down certain streets, & how overly concerned she seemed about every passing car. I got her excited enough to do a little alternating jogging/walking near the house -- only about 3 blocks' worth (which I did going back & forth on just one block), but it's something.

Had quite a time trying to actually get her back home, though, after that. All of a sudden she was wanting to go up the hill, away from the house, & started pulling her donkey maneuver, bracing herself with her front paws, stubbornly refusing to go with me. No, little puppy, you think you want to stay out, but we'll both be sorry when you start barking at everything in sight in about three minutes. Luckily, her brain is the size of a lemon, so she's easy to trick, & we got home just fine a few minutes later.

Back home, she was back to her normal self, stretching out on the bed & sloshing water all over the place.



The donkey maneuver always makes me a little annoyed, but it's impossible to stay annoyed when her tail starts fwapping the bed like that.

Onward!




Zoey says "Roorooroo...please donate! I'll come chase all your squirrels away for you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment